Monday, 6 March 2017

I'll Respect The FA Decision, Says Ibrahimovic After Violent Conduct Over The Weekend

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has said that he will accept every decision that the FA will make after catching Tyrone Mings with an elbow, although he insists that it wasn't intentional.
"It is what it is," Ibrahimovic said.

"I am not a player who will stand here and blame a player. What happens on the field stays on the field. I can talk about my situation.

"I jumped straight up, he jumps in for me, I jump very high and protect myself at the same time as I always do and go for the ball. He jumps into me and jumps into my elbow. Hopefully he is not injured. Nothing on purpose.

"It had nothing to do with the situation before because I didn't even know who had stepped on me. It is the game, the game is hard. I respect every decision. I am not here to attack anybody. My purpose was not to do that. The game is hard."
The Manchester United top scorer faces the prospect of a three-match domestic suspension, which would have been his sanction if he had been sent off for elbowing the Bournemouth defender in the 1-1 draw on Saturday and which would rule him out of the FA Cup quarter-final against Chelsea next Monday as well as the English Premier League matches against Middlesbrough and West Bromwich Albion.

No comments:

Post a Comment