Thursday, 8 June 2017

Ernesto Valverde Stopped Barca Board From Selling Iniesta

Barcelona's board were open to the idea of selling Andres Iniesta this summer, according to reports in Spain.
The 33-year-old, who has been with Barcelona since he was 12, only has one year left on his current contract and a new deal has not been agreed.

According to Cadena SER, Barca's hierarchy had considered cashing in on Iniesta before new boss Ernesto Valverde shut down the idea.
Barcelona board blocked after trying to SELL Andres Iniesta this summer
Ernesto Valverde has stopped Barca from selling Iniesta.
Last week, Valverde made it clear that he wanted to keep the midfielder at Nou Camp for next season.
"I consider Andrés to be a very important player for the team and for the club," he said.

Tension between Iniesta and Barcelona’s board was clearly visible during their Copa del Rey celebrations as the midfielder was seen turning his back on Josep Maria Bartomeu when the Barca president was speaking to him.
Bartomeu’s leadership has already been heavily criticised by Dani Alves, who was allowed to leave Barcelona on a free transfer to Juventus last summer.
"The people who run Barcelona have no idea how to treat their players" the Brazilian said earlier this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and feel free to challenge, agree or disagree with me in the comments section of each blog entry, but abusive, profane or rude comments aren't welcome – so keep it polite, please.

And do visit again. Thanks!