Saturday, 3 June 2017

Lacazette Not Going To Atletico - Lyon President

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas says Atletico Madrid's transfer ban has "changed everything" for Alexandre Lacazette, as speculation surrounding a move to Manchester United intensifies.
The Court of Arbitration for Sport on Thursday upheld the transfer ban imposed on Atletico, leaving Lacazette, 26, in limbo after he had agreed to move to the La Liga side this summer.

As Atletico will not be able to register any new signings until January 2018, Aulas says Lyon may be able to keep hold of their top scorer of the 2016-17 campaign but highlighted the loss of income from the transfer.
"Real and Barca [previously] saw their [transfer] punishment reduced with a favourable decision, it wasn't the case for Atletico," Aulas said after seeing Lyon's women's team claim a fourth Women's Champions League trophy.
"It's good and bad news. It was, in financial terms, a very significant operation. Of course that has changed everything.
"We had given Alex the green light to go to Atletico, the club of his heart. I've not had his agent on the phone, nor him, as I've been in Cardiff, but I had said to Alexandre not to get too far ahead of himself, as there can always be disappointments in football. It brings into question the commitments made on both sides. We had made progress on possible solutions. We might have one extra striker next season."
Aulas added: "No, a loan move is not possible. Technically, it's not. The solution would be for him to stay here until the ban is over.

"Football has a magical ability to throw everything up in the air."

No comments:

Post a Comment