Thursday, 30 November 2017

Kaka Says He Regrets Turning Down Man City Move

Kaka admits some regret turning down Manchester City in 2009.
The Premier Club had agreed a fee with Milan and offered the Brazilian midfielder a huge pay rise.

But Kaka decided to snub the offer because "it was safer to stay at Milan" before agreeing to sign for Real Madrid in a £60million (N27.3 billion) deal.

"Negotiations went very far indeed," Kaka, aged 35, said in the November issue of FourFourTwo magazine.
"It came to the point where all of the numbers and the finer details had been discussed. The wages I had been offered were much, much higher than what I was earning with Milan. 
"I found myself wondering what my life playing in England would be like, what my routine at this new club would be, how difficult it would be for my kids and my wife to move home."
Kaka admits it would be a different story now. He added:
"Nowadays, Manchester City is a much more solid club, so it would be an easier decision if I had to make it today. 
"Anyone who receives an offer from them now won't suffer from the same headaches that I experienced nearly a decade ago. 
"To put it simply, if my negotiations with them had taken place this year, my decision would have been very different, that's for sure."

No comments:

Post a Comment